Memorial Day is a chance to honor those in the military who have sacrificed their lives for our country. It’s also a day to spend quality time with family and friends, while enjoying the unofficial start to summer. What better way to do that than to host a cookout – it’s practically a Memorial Day tradition, after all!
Let us make your gathering incredibly convenient with our "Cookout in a Box" that can be delivered directly to your door. We have all of the BBQ and grilling items you need to make your event incredibly easy so you can spend more time with your loved ones.
Piedmont Kitchen Co. offers three lines of products to select from – Piedmont BBQ, Piedmont Plant-based and Piedmont Mains – so whether you opt for a fancier cookout with our marinated meats or have a few vegans in the crowd, we have you covered. Since we like to keep our cookouts pretty casual, here are our ‘go to’ items and a few easy recipe ideas that everyone will love.
Our cookout lineup includes Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Buffalo Chicken Dip with our Buttermilk Brined Chicken, Tamari Chicken Wings on the grill and a Chili Dog – no, we don’t offer hot dogs but we do feature unforgettable Classic or Vegan Chili for a mean chili hot dog or vegan dog. Here are the details -
Cookout in a Box (feeds up to 6 people):
These are our suggested items and quantities to order which will feed up to 6 people and make the following recipes below. Our boxes are customizable too, so feel free to add any items or quantities that make the most sense for your cookout crowd.
- (3) 1lb bags of Pulled Pork – 12-15 sandwiches
- (1) 32oz bag of Chili of choice – Classic or Vegan (Piedmont Plant-based)
- (1) 1lb bag of Buttermilk Brined Smoked Chicken
- (1) bottle of Mild BBQ Sauce
- (1) bottle of Hot BBQ Sauce
- (4) 1.5lb bags of Garlic Tamari Chicken Wings
Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Red Slaw
- Place your BPA-free bag of pulled pork in boiling water for approx. 15 minutes.
- Open the bag, place desired amount of pork on a bun.
- Feel free to dress it up with the slaw recipe below, hot or mild sauce before assembling sandwiches.
NC Style Red Slaw Ingredients:
Put cabbage, cilantro and onions in a food processor. Add the seasonings and vinegar and pulse until mixed.
Hot Dog + Chili Bar
- Hot dogs (we prefer Hebrew or Nate’s Beef Franks) or Vegan Dogs
- Hot dog buns
- Piedmont Kitchen Co. Classic Beef Chili or Vegan Chili (place bag in boiling water to heat)
- Diced Onions
- Diced Jalapenos
- Mustard and ketchup
- Shredded Cheese
- Coleslaw (see above recipe) or Piedmont Kitchen Co. Red Slaw (available at Atlanta-area Farmers Markets only)
Shredded Chicken Hot Buffalo Dip
- 1 lb bag of Piedmont BBQ Co. Brined chicken
- 1 bottle of buffalo wing sauce
- 1 package of cream cheese
Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together in a stainless steel bowl. Pour into an oven-safe baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until melty and warm. Serve with fritos, tortilla chips and fresh veggies like celery and carrots.
Garlic Tamari Chicken Wings
- Just thaw in the fridge and grill!!!
- Serve with the above!
Other Side Ideas:
- Potato Salad (Piedmont Kitchen Co. makes a great Red Potato Salad that you can purchase at Atlanta-area Farmers Markets)
- Pasta Salad
- Baked Beans
Hope you enjoy these quick and easy recipes for your cookout this year.